Qualification and Requirements:
A good first degree. An M.Sc would be an added advantage
7 - 10 years experience in a similar role.
Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office; develops policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
• Provides assistance and support to the office principal in problem solving, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
• Supervises the work of employees in supporting roles, including assigning workload and monitoring employee performance.
• Oversees and facilitates resources management and administration procedures and documentation for the principal.
• Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
• Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions on operational and programmatic matters concerning the Office.
• Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events; coordinates and attends committee meetings, and participates in committee discussions, as appropriate.
• Coordinates the disposition and/or resolution of individual problems and disputes involving faculty, staff, students, and/or members of the general public, as they arise.
• Oversees the operation of office accounts, and plans and monitors expenditures; as appropriate, develops and/or coordinates budgets for the office and associated accounts.
• Provides and/or oversees provision of staff support to the office, to include handling walk-up and phone interactions, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence, handling day-to-day problems and situations, and provision of secretarial support.