• Bachelors degree in business, management or other related discipline. Masters in related field a
• At least 5 years progressive experience in management of materials and sourcing and 2 years
within a healthcare setting (hospital / pharmaceutical).
Responsible to manage all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods
inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving, and
delivering to ensure that orders are fulfilled on time. This position is also responsible to develop and
manage all supplier relationships.
Consider best price, quality, availability, and reliability when purchasing products.
Ensure materials and parts in the supply chain meet the minimum requirements for quality
Place purchase orders.
Develop policies and procedures in the areas of procurement, inventory control, receiving,
Interface directly with all departments in the hospital with regards to materials that have been
Maintain adequate supply levels throughout the hospital.
Coordinate the maintenance of supplies in the hospital in emergency situations.
Maintain sources of emergency supply items from other health facilities and vendors.
Request proposals from various manufacturers and distributors for all supplies and
Follow established safe practices for receiving hazardous substances.
• Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates
capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
• Performs analysis of in-house demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and
build relationship with suppliers for timely and cost effective delivery of supplies.
• Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that
support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control.
• Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods
and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
• Establish, implement, and manage system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard
• Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that
affect purchasing policies.
• Coordinate and work with medical and non-medical operations team to ensure 100% on-time
delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
• Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with
Finance, an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and
taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
• Achieves financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the materials budget,
schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
• Collaborate with other heads of departments / end users and Quality assurance to achieve cost
storage and distribution, of supplies throughout the hospital.
requested to ascertain specifications and need.
equipment throughout the hospital.
• Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company
policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Maintain and provide current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends.
• Identify tools, processes and metrics to optimize supplier value.
• Leads by example and motivates people so as to create a challenging, empowering, and
collaborative working environment.
• Good technical writing, documentation, and record keeping skills.
• Good analytical problem solving ability.
• Ability to contribute in a cross functional collaborative environment.
• Financial skills including cost modeling, cost analysis.
• Experience in total quality, six sigma, or other similar environments would be an added advantage.
• Working knowledge and understanding of ERP systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.